Does the hotel have hot water??

October 5, 2015

Oi! I can’t believe this is the last email! So I’ll answer your questions first because if I don’t I’ll probably forget. You can bring some shorts and shirts. I have some but I think I’ll leave them with some Brazilians because they don’t have basketball shorts here in Brazil. As for socks I have plenty but I don’t have any shoes to wear with basketball shorts, just some flip flops that I bought. Everyone really likes American food (candy and maple syrup). Peanut butter as well. I can’t really think of other things but I know there’s a ton. If you ask Jackson maybe he can remember some things that the US has that they don’t have here. Also, anything that is from BYU the members and missionaries like a lot as well. So I’ll be in the mission office that is like 2 streets from your hotel. 9 o’clock. Do you know if the hotel has hot water?? 

So this week conference was great. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/10?lang=eng I liked the talk about mothers as well, how their love for their children is the closest humans come to the love that Christ feels for us, and I liked that story he told about the mom and her son that had returned from the mission and how his mom had prayed and prayed for him for years until he went back out which made me think about how Christ must work even more for each of us. I also liked the talks from Elder Anderson about faith and President Uchtdorf telling the story of Daniel when he went to Babylon and explaining how it must have been rough for him but he had faith. I realized throughout the conference that they talked a lot about faith, keeping the Sabbath day holy, and keeping the commandments (President Monson in the priesthood session). Also I wrote my scripture to "ponderizar" as we say in Portugues which is Alma 34:38 on a sticky note to put in my planner and move it from day to day this week. Alma 34:38 reads… That ye acontend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the bname of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and cworship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in dthanksgiving daily, for the many emercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.

I can’t believe I’ll see you guys next week. This week was crazy. We are working with this 17 year  who is a 16 year old member’s boyfriend, his baptism is this week. It was a crazy week. My new companion Elder Ribeiro é muito bom (very good). He’s from São Paulo and has a lot of faith. I wish I could have been his companion for more time because he’s teaching me a lot. This week we’re going go all out because it’s all I have left. I’m excited to see you guys and the members are excited to meet you guys as well. Can’t wait to see you guys! Have a good week and get excited to get to know the povo cearense (people of Ceara)! Have a great week! Love you guys and can’t wait to see you!


-Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment