Who created the Earth?

Feb 9, 2015

Oiiii! So I thought it was funny how there’s been Dog drama on the street, haha. Hopefully Bandit can manage (the neighbor’s dog passed away)... maybe you guys can buy another bird dog to be his friend haha. So this week I’m going to get a new companion, Élder McDaniel... which is funny cuz my current companion is Élder Daniel haha. So Elder McDaniel will get here tomorrow... it seems like I don’t know any of the missionaries in the mission anymore... just the missionaries that have more time than me on the mission, but I’m sure he’ll be a good companion. 

So this week was good. The lady we found last week with the inspired tracting will be baptized this Saturday, and the couple that got married is going to be baptized on the 6th of March... I can't remember if I said that last week or not. But things are going pretty good here in the area. We’re finding new families to teach, so I’m sure my new companion will like it here. 

Maybe since the ward leadership is going to be reorganized.. I mean the branch... Dad will be the new Ward Mission Leader... or maybe not since Brother Karl is already the Ward mission leader, but I hope the branch is treating the missionaries well. I always thought that all the wards in the US were like ours.. where the missionaries only have lots of meals during the week if they are lucky... but all the American missionaries I know here say in their wards back home the missionaries eat every day haha... so hopefully the Slippery Rock missionaries aren’t going to sleep hungry, haha. 

This week we also learned about agency at church in the gospel principles class. Last week we learned about the creation... but it didn’t go so well. The teacher was teaching about the creation and she stopped to ask the class a question, "Who created the Earth??" and Elder Daniel raised his hand and said "Jesus Christ" .. and  I was sitting there thinking "isso aí... eis aqui meu companheiro" and all of a sudden one of the recent converts on the other side of the room said with certainty and conviction "Nooooo, it was Heavenly Father"... and all of a sudden other recent converts started to join in.. "Im pretty sure it was God" and another one "In Genesis 1:1 it says that GOD is the creator" ..... so it turned into a Bible Bash haha. So our ward mission leader started to read John 1:1-3,14 that talks about Jesus and how he is... I think in English it says the Word... https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/1.1-3,14?lang=eng and another scripture from 3 Nephi 9:15 https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/9.15?lang=eng#14 that says how Jesus Christ created everything...it’s pretty funny looking back on it, but it ended well. Well at least, for most of us... some of the people continued with doubts, but we talked to them afterwards. 



Well, that’s about all I got for this week. I hope you guys have a good week... is the Slippery Rock high school basketball team going to the playoffs??? Have a good week! Love you Guys. 


-Élder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment