I prepared a talk real quick

January 26, 2015


Hey... So this week we didn’t end up playing basketball because the assistants had to go to the mission office, so we’re planning on next week. I’m not even sure what our bishop does. He’s working on opening up his own gym.. so he’s gathering all the workout machines in his house.. but for now I think he works in one of the local gyms here.... but the gyms here aren’t nearly the size of the ARC. 

I remember that 7 page paper that Cole is writing. However, I can’t remember if Mrs. Huth liked mine or not. Probably not.. cuz she didn’t even like our movie we made that was good enough to go to theaters. Cole must be all excited that he took the SAT. Let’s hope that he can get into BYU Idaho. Maybe he’ll manage to get into Provo, but he might have to retake the test 5 or 6 times ;) 

So this week when we got to church on Sunday our ward secretary came over to me and said, "Hey, did Bishop talk to you about your talk today?" .. and I thought he was kidding, so I just started to laugh because he’s always joking around with us. But shortly I found out that he wasn’t kidding, haha. So I prepared a talk real quick on temple work, and it went really well. Our Bishop told me to talk for just 5 minutes, so it went well. In the MTC they always told us that sometimes in the wards where we will serve, someone who is supposed to give a talk won’t show up, and we will be asked when we get to church to give a talk in that same day. After a year on the mission, I decided it’d probably never happen like that to me haha, but it happened. 

So this week one of the families we are teaching was going to schedule their wedding in the... well I don’t really know what the word is in English... the building where people mark weddings. Here in Brazil, the couple has to have their documents and 2 witnesses as well as have their identity and CPF number (its like social security)... and the witnesses have to be Brazilians. So our investigators brother came to be the witness... however, he brought a childhood identity so we couldn’t schedule the marriage -_- ... but were going back this week and there won't be any more room for mistakes haha. 

So I hope you guys have a good week.  Transfers are coming up soon. There’s this week and the next and then there’s transfers. Hope you guys have a good week. Thanks for the letter :) Have a good week. Love you guys... and happy almost birthday to Dad. Boa Semana!

-Élder Udy


No comments:

Post a Comment