It's not how we start, but how we finish that matters

September 21, 2015

Fortaleza mission--Can you find Elder Udy???  Back row, left side

Oi, my week was good but could have been better. Everyone who had accepted to be baptized couldn’t go to church and everyone who went to church isn’t married yet, so they aren't able to be baptized yet. However, the Lord will bless us if we increase our work and faith in Him. I liked what you said about the importance of finishing. ”It’s not how we start, but how we finish that matters.” I think about that every day, how it’s so important to finish the mission stronger spiritually than ever because we were told that the way we finish the mission is the way we’ll be for the rest of our lives. Doing everything the Lord’s way and keeping all the rules is more important in the end than at any other time.

Sounds like Cole is having fun in Calculus, haha I don’t think I remember much of that stuff haha, but I’m sure it’ll all come back to me one day. This week we worked a lot with the members, and everyone who went to church this week were referrals that we received these past weeks. The members here are really good and willing to help in the work. We just need to have some baptisms to get everyone excited. The Lord will bless us this week because of our work and faith. 

I don’t have much time today to write but thanks for the email :) I also just discovered about 3 months ago that the mission has a facebook page haha. Thanks for all the love and support! Tell Cole not to forget to read the Book of Mormon amongst the AP homework. He’s gotta get ready for the mission :) Have a good week! Love you guys! Sorry I couldn’t write more, but next week I will. I’ll send a picture of the mission. 

Love,
Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment