I'm learning to be more patient and Christlike

May 5, 2014
Hi, so this week was pretty difficult here.. lots of work.. this area is different than my old area... the chapel is outside our ward boundaries so it’s harder to bring people to church because for some people it’s pretty far away.. but it’ll all work out. My new companion is Elder Dorneles. I live with him and 2 other missionaries who are the zone leaders, Elder Guimarães and Elder Savaryn. Elder Savaryn is from Argentina so I’m going to try to learn a little bit more Spanish in this area :)
I’m learning a lot about how to be more patient and Christlike. I´m learning that the best way to be a leader is to serve. I was reading in Jacob 1 and Mosiah 2 and it talks about how everyone loved both Nephi and Mosiah because they loved their people and they did everything they could to serve their people. Last transfer here, Elder Dorneles and his companion couldn’t get anyone to come to church so we’re pretty much starting from scratch now... but I really hope that by the end of this transfer (which is only 5 weeks) we will be seeing investigators in church and baptisms in our ward... our ward is pretty small.. this week only had 74 people in sacrament meeting.. but I guess there were a couple of families on vacation that are usually here. People go on a lot of vacation here haha. 
Sounds like things are getting pretty crazy for the wedding. I’ll have someone take a picture of me in my suit... I’ve really learned to hate wearing my suit though cuz it’s so hot here haha. However, everyone says Cuiabá is hotter than it is here... because here there is almost always wind... so it’s not that bad... except when you’re inside and there’s no fan.. then it’s like death. 
So I’m glad people still remember who I am. Those were the good old days when I drove to the state track meet haha... every possible thing that could have gone wrong went wrong on that trip.. haha I still can’t believe my phone died and I locked my keys in the car all in a matter of 5 minutes. Ryan emailed me about the Steeplechase. You guys both explained it to me like I don’t already know what it is haha. Just cuz I’m in another country doesn’t mean I forgot everything about track. 
So this Sunday at 5 o´clock my time I am going to be in the church to Google Hangout with you guys. In this chapel we have the option to Skype/Google Hangout on Sunday because we don’t have to pay. So 5 o’clock my time works best for me and I think it works for you guys too. I might be able to change it, but we have lots of missionaries that are going to use the computers in the church, so I chose 5 o’clock because it’s latter. Let me know if that will work.  And we only have 40 minutes I found out, haha, so it won’t be such a long call this time (but maybe our new mission president will let us talk longer for Christmas). 
Anyways I’ll tell you guys more about my life on Sunday :) send me an email confirming the hour. Good luck with the wedding preparations :)

Eu amo vocês, Elder Udy



No comments:

Post a Comment