Now I have a guitar!

August 25, 2014

The missionaries can go to amusement parks now?!?! and baseball games?!?! haha that's wild... so I’ll be getting a new companion Élder Imperador... and the other companionship in our house will change as well. We're going to get one Brazilian and one American... so President Bonini changed the way transfers happen. Now we receive the news about the transfer in the email on Monday morning and we leave Tuesday morning for our new area.  So Élder Castanho is going to go to Canindé... which is another city.. here its called interior... which is any city that’s not next to the capital (Fortaleza)... where sometimes they don’t have water in the house for like 3 months haha and the church just opened up there about 5 months ago. So that’s the news about transfers.

The garden is looking good this year, I remember when the missionaries killed a groundhog in that garden with a 2 x 4. I think Jackson was there. Hopefully that booth the missionaries put up will go well. It's always good to try different things to get different/better results. 

So this week was pretty good. The other day when we went to lunch, the family started telling us about how there are these strange things happening in their house. For example, they said one time when they walked in the house they saw a figure leave through the back door and when they sleep they here sounds in the other room but theres nothing there... so they asked if we could dedicate their home for them, and they asked me to do it. So I had never dedicated a house before... but all went well.

So I’ll send some pictures I took this week. We baptized a lady named Vera. Almost all of her family are members of the church, so there were a lot of people that came to watch. I’ll send a picture of it and some others as well. I hope all is well at home. Yesterday Elder Lima (my first companion) called me to say goodbye because he finished his mission today. Its pretty crazy how fast the time passes. It seems like just the other day I was his companion and I was learning everything new about the mission. Also, he gave me his guitar.. so now I have a guitar!  I can’t remember if I told you guys that or not.. but anyways I gotta go. Have a good week! :) 

Élder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment