One of the families I taught in Montese came to surprise me

August 4, 2014

Oii! So sounds like you guys never stop having fun. One week its vacation... and the next week its more vacation... and then when you finally get home... other people decide to go on vacation to our house haha. sounds like fun.  So my birthday package still hasn’t come yet... I get really excited every Wednesday thinking I might get it... but it never comes.. yours or grandpas. and this week we have a mission conference so I won’t get it until, at the earliest... next Wednesday haha. 
Gotta feed those missionaries... so here in Brazil.. I think you already know... the members feed us lunch every day except p-day... so this week our lunch appointments fell through I think 4 times... so every time it fell through we would talk to our bishop and he would buy lunch for us :)  .... imagine how it would be for you guys if you were to buy dinner for the missionaries every night they didn’t have dinner haha. 
So these days Elder Castanho has been going to the dentist alot because his teeth have been hurting.. so he took an xray and turns out he has to get his wisdom teeth out! So we went to the bank this morning in downtown Caucaia for him to withdraw some money from his card. We decided to go earlier because the lines are ridiculous in the afternoon during this time of the month because everyone receives money at the beginning of the month. So we got there at 7 only to find out that the part of the bank that we needed to use didn’t open until 10... so we waited there in line for 3 hours... and I always thought it was a burden to wait in line for 1 hour at Disneyland or Cedar Point. So we have to go back downtown for him to take another xray and then he’ll get the teeth pulled. He’s taken 3 packages worth of pills in the last week because it hurts so bad.. but then somedays he says it doesn’t hurt. It reminds me of the time Jackson said he went to the dentist in Brazil and they messed up, and his face got huge and swollen on the one side haha. 
So this week at church one of the families that I taught in Montese showed up by surprise at our ward here to surprise visit me. G the dad, his son (12 years old) and his daughter (5 years old). I didn’t believe it when I saw them haha. They said they’re going to be baptized next week. Seeing families like them get baptized makes everything worth it... so in the ward here they had a "ward mission plan" but it didn't have any form of follow up so no one was doing anything... so we’ve been thinking of activities and ways for the ward to follow up with the members with their "missionary responsibilities" to make the plan effective and we’re going to have a fireside with the stake president and present it to the ward :) o and this week as well, while we were planning, the day before our zone meeting, our zone leaders called me and asked me to teach the zone the next day. It reminded me of how Brother T always asked people to give talks last minute haha but it was even worse because I didn’t even have 24 hours notice... however it turned our really good and everyone liked it.
Well that’s about all I got for now. Hope you guys have a good week :) 
Tchau! -Élder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment