Everyone here liked the talk by Elder Klebingat

October 6, 2014

Hey...Hope everything’s going well in good ‘ol Slippery Rock... sounds like Cole is doing good in school.... I know he’s not that smart, but at least he can manage getting an A in some of the elective classes ;) hopefully he will be able to get into BYU... I heard that Taysom Hill broke his leg the other day... one of the other missionaries that serves in the other ward in our church was all sad one day because he likes BYU football so much haha. I was hoping he’d win the hysman (I’m pretty sure I spelled that wrong, but I cant remember how to spell very well anymore.) 

So in the package can you send a BYU shirt for my companion...and more mix to make maple syrup... and more deodorant sticks :) I gave some away so now I’m running out. So this week it turned out that J didn’t end up getting baptized... actually none of the people we were preparing ended up getting baptized. But in the weeks that come we’ll work things out. So tomorrow is transfers but we get the email on p-day... I’ll be staying here in Guadalajara with Elder Imperador which is good cuz you never know what you’re going to get when a new companion shows up haha. It always makes you nervous... so I’ll try to look for a good leather belt... my other one was spent, but Elder Imperador gave me one that should last at least 3 or 4 weeks... it’s the same as those ones from the US, but I’ll look for a good one. 

So this past week one day we were walking down the street and we saw in the distance a big truck filled with furniture and bags. Then we saw a white guy leave the van dressed in a white shirt and tie... I was kinda confused because you never see other missionaries in your area so I thought it must be a pastor... but turns out our zone leaders were helping someone move into our ward and they asked us for help when we got closer and we ended up helping them move all their furniture into the apartment on the 4th floor! haha so we helped from 4 until 9. 

So this week at conference everyone here liked the talk by elder Jorg alsjkdgjkal (Klebingat) .... I don’t remember his last name... but he talked about 6 points that will protect us. I really liked as well the talk from President Eyring about revelation. And as well the talk... I think it was the second talk from the first session on Saturday, that talked about how we can’t lower the standard of the Lord to please the members of the church.. he said it’s apostasty... he was lifting his hands up and down as an example... he’s one of the 70 I think. I also really like the image of Presidente Monson giving all he had to help those who were in need.. as always Elder Holland’s talk was good too... As we learn more about the prophets life, we learn more about how we can serve others better and be true disciples of Jesus Christ.  (To read or watch the talks referred to here, go to this web address   https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/10?cid=HPSU100514465&lang=eng

So I hope Dad and Cole are doing good. Tell them I said hi... This is about all I got for this week. Hope everything goes well at home, and Cole doesn’t get too full of himself haha. Have a good week. Love you guys. 


-Élder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment