We live in Aerolandia: "Land of the Airport and Airplanes"

August 24, 2015

Sounds like you guys had a busy week. We did as well. I’m sure Grandpa and the rest of the family must be sad, but it’s the trials that bring us closer to God in the end. I sure miss everyone. Everyone in the family looks so old and different now.  

Cousins

We found some families this week that went to church and have baptismal dates. Its really sad to see someone pass away, but when we see a family coming to know and live the gospel it brings so much happiness because you know, and they know, that they will be able to be together forever if they remain faithful. The Joy is incomparable as you see this change that happens in a family that you’ve known for just 2 or 3 weeks, that could affect generations of families; kids and grandkids, just like our family. 
 
Elder Vasquez is getting kind of trunky because he only has 1 more week and we live in Aerolandia that translated means "Air Land"or "Land of the Airport and Airplanes" haha. So the planes are always passing by real close. However, we’re still working and giving it all we got. 

We made this for lunch one day
This week I got to thinking a little about the scripture in D&C 4:7 and Matthew 7:7 that says “ask and it shall be given, knock and it shall be opened unto you.” This promise is repeated so many times in the scriptures and yet sometimes we ask for things and we don’t receive them, so I started to think about it. I found another scripture in D&C 8:9 (I think) that says we can ask for knowledge on what to do in any circumstance and God will let us know. So instead of asking for free blessings without exercising my faith and works, I decided to ask the Lord exactly what I needed to do to be able to find people who want to be baptized in the next week, and then write down the revelations. As I sincerely asked Him, ideas and thoughts came to my mind about what I needed to do. As they came, I wrote them down knowing that if I followed these revelations I would be able to baptize people in the following week. Well we didn’t end up having as many people to baptize for this coming Sunday that I had hoped for because I didn’t follow exactly what the Lord revealed to me. However, we did have 7 people at church and 5 of them have a baptismal date for this Sunday, and we baptized 2 people Sunday, M and his son, and soon his wife will be baptized too. I didn’t follow exactly as the Lord instructed me. If I had, we would have been more blessed, but I did give an honest and conscious effort and the Lord blessed us for it.
 

So maybe when you come we can go see the sights of Ceara like Jericoacoara and after see the sights of the Amazons, but I don’t really know what they have there to see, so you guys can decide or we can go to Iguazu or Rio. What looks the best to you guys works for me :) 
 
I hope you guys have a great week!  Love you guys!
 
-Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment